I’ve been reading The Happiness Project and in an effort to start my own, I’ve decided to start my own 12 Commandments list. Some are stolen taken from Ms. Rubin’s book.
- Be ME*
- There is only love *
- There is only NOW
- Act the way I want to feel *
- Your body is your friend
- Get outside *
- Get out of your head, don’t think so much
- Give one compliment a day
- Get to the point and help others do so. We have little time on this earth.
- Listen to comedy at least once a week (preferrably Patton Oswalt, Louis C. K. or Kevin Hart)
- Be vulnerable
- Be strong
Knowing when to do #11 and #12 is something you only learn as you get older and there are times still when I get it wrong.
* these are commandments Ms. Rubin stated in her list